Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Rep. Devin Nunes and Twitter

Recently I e-mailed my congressman, Representative Devin Nunes, 21st District of California to let him know that I would like for him to join the conservative network on Twitter.

I've reproduced his response, verbatim, below.

Dear Mr. -------

Thank you for taking the time to email me to express your support for the use of twitter technology. I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to respond.

In this age of information and technology, the world is a much smaller place than it was even a few years ago. People can see and talk with each other even if they are thousands of miles apart, breaking news is known instantly around the world, and our entertainment libraries are stored in our pockets. With social networking websites making the world even smaller, it's easy to understand why it's a growing phenomenon.

The "Top Conservatives on Twitter" is a noble and ambitious web community for the Conservative movement. I appreciate being made aware of your support and I will certainly look into joining this initiative to help strengthen conservative ideals in Congress.

I value any other suggestions you may have. I invite you to visit my website for updates on my work in Congress at www.nunes.house.gov. Keep in touch.

Sincerely,



Devin Nunes
Member of Congress

No comments: